OUR FIRM ADVISES ATTORNEYS ON SEX OFFENSE LAW MATTERS
Sex offense matters are complex and go far beyond the scope of “normal” criminal defense matters. Sex crimes can have unique trial defense challenges, and special defense requirements. Also, sex offense convictions can have severe and long-lasting collateral consequences. Busy criminal defense attorneys may be unaware of the unique defense opportunities related to sex crime trial defense, and the many collateral consequences that accompany sex offense convictions. As a result, trial lawyers benefit from specialized consulting counsel in sex offense matters to maximize trial court success and better inform their clients regarding post-conviction collateral consequences.
If you are an attorney who is representing an individual accused of or charged with a sex offense, Maynard Law Office, LLC offers comprehensive consultation services to help you obtain the best possible legal outcome for your client. Our attorneys have experience defending clients charged with sex offenses across New Jersey and in other states. Further, we have obtained favorable legal outcomes for many of our clients, and understand the complex legal and scientific issues involved.
Our firm provides attorneys with critical research, detailed legal memoranda, effective motions, insightful practice tips, and other trial and appeal assistance to help navigate the complexities of sex offense law, at all State and Federal levels.
- Trial Phase consultative services (research, drafting, and in-court representation as requested), such as:
- Examining and analyzing all the facts and evidence in a client’s case to identify all possible defenses, especially related to sex crimes.
- Advising trial counsel regarding the most current social science data regarding sex offense recidivism and treatment for the purpose of obtaining advantageous plea offers and to aid in mitigation at sentencing.
- Conducting legal research and providing memoranda on specific legal issues related to sex offense law, and assisting in the drafting and litigating of pre-trial motions.
- Providing advice on trial strategy and advocacy techniques that Maynard Law Office, LLC has utilized in the past to obtain excellent legal outcomes for clients facing sex crimes allegations.
- Pre-conviction sex offense matters, such as:
- Advising clients of the legal effects of pleading guilty to a sex offense in NJ, NY, PA, and nationwide (including: registration obligations, PSL/CSL (supervision) requirements, etc.)
- Advising clients of the collateral consequences of a sex offense conviction, such as:
- Registration requirements in other states/territories triggered by length of stay, employment, or residence.
- Employment Restrictions
- Restrictions on Internet/Social Media Access
- Curfews / Electronic Monitoring
- Residency and Proximity Restrictions
- Identifying alternative criminal offenses to which the client may plead guilty that minimizes the collateral consequences of the conviction.
- Post-conviction sex offense matters, such as:
- Removal from states’ sex offender registries
- Appeals (interlocutory and post-conviction appeals) and Post-Conviction Relief petitions
- Challenging ADTC evaluation’s “repetitive and compulsive” finding
- Initial and subsequent tier hearings
- Parole violations
- International or interstate parole transfers
CONTACT MAYNARD LAW OFFICE, LLC TODAY
Call our firm at 973-540-0054 today to discuss whether our firm can assist you or your firm in the legal representation of clients facing sex offenses.