At Maynard Law Office, LLC, we are dedicated to sex crimes defense. Below are the usual stages of a sex crimes matter:
How Maynard Law Office, LLC Can Help at Any Stage:
Pre-Charge Legal Services: If you aware that you are the subject of a sex crimes investigation, our law firm can help.
- At this early stage, Maynard Law Office, LLC strives to protect your legal interests. We have experience negotiating with prosecutors to avoid the filing of charges, or to reduce the severity of charges that will be filed. Our legal team can counsel you about how to handle law enforcement’s inquiries.
Post-Charge Legal Services: The stage covering all proceedings after the filing of formal charges and before the case resolves.
- When someone is charged with sex crimes, it is vital to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney. At Maynard Law Office, LLC, we have represented numerous people in New Jersey who were facing sex crimes charges.
- At our law firm, we only represent those charged with sex crimes. As a result of this focused practice, we know the intricacies of sex offense law, including Megan’s Law, SORA, SORNA CSL/PSL, and much more. Moreover, we know how to utilize various techniques to obtain the best possible legal outcome in these very delicate matters.
- Also, Maynard Law Office, LLC is knowledgeable about the sex offense “collateral consequences” that flow from a sex offense conviction, which include Megan’s Law and Parole Supervision for Life (PSL). Therefore, we are able to fully inform clients facing a sex crimes accusation about their legal options.
Pre-Sentencing Legal Services:
The phase in a case after conviction, but before sentencing.
- After a conviction of a sex crime in New Jersey, an individual may be subject to an Avenel “evaluation.” This procedure occurs before Sentencing.
- Maynard Law Office, LLC, can represent clients at Sentencing. In the past, we have obtained probationary or suspended sentences, diversionary dispositions leading to dismissal of charges, and other beneficial outcomes for clients.
- Also, we can work with an individual’s attorney to provide helpful guidance or prepare legal briefs to assist at Sentencing.
This stage occurs after sentencing and includes all legal and non-legal consequences. The sentence will likely include a multitude of “collateral consequences.” We offer the following post-conviction legal services:
- Full Review of case to determine potential:
- Other forms of relief to improve a registrant’s quality of life by:
- Compelling and Creative Legal Theories
- Many clients have come to us when other attorneys have stated that there was no legal relief available. At Maynard Law Office, LLC, we conduct legal research and frequently construct novel legal theories, grounded in case-law and the Constitution, to obtain relief for our clients.
- As a result of our firm’s unique legal approaches and our dedication to sex offense law, we often achieve our clients’ legal goals.
- For example, we have helped remove clients from Megan’s Law and/or CSL/PSL even when they did not seem to satisfy the “standard” statutory requirements.
In sum, our attorneys are dedicated to sex offense law and sex crimes defense. Call Maynard Law Office, LLC today for a free consultation! We can be reached at (973) 540-0054.